Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cucumber Peach Salad

Ah, why not?.. I'll make my first post what I thought up today. I've used pinapple and cucumber together before, but I wondered how peaches would compare. Along with the pilaf, this made a filling but refreshing salad. The chili powder adds a little heat, too. Perfect for summer and peach season. I think I'll be packing it for work tonight.

*No picture for this one, sorry!

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
-1 cup prepared rice pilaf (I use Kashi 7 Grain)
-2 large cucumbers
-1 large peach
-2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
-1/2 tsp. chili powder
-1/2 tsp. dried cilantro

Directions:

1) Prepare 2 servings of rice pilaf according to package directions - should make about 1 cup cooked. Set aside to cool (Tip: use an ice cube or two!)

2) In the meantime, split the cucumbers lenghwise, scoop out the seeds, and cut into chunks. Add to a medium bowl along with the chilled pilaf, vinegar, chili powder, and cilantro. Mix to combine.

3) Pit and dice the peach. Carefully stir into the mixture. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment