Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Zucchini Stew

My dad brought home a giant zucchini a friend gave him. Along with tomatoes and onions fresh from our garden, I made up a stew for lunch today. I don't generally measure...so I decided to leave the amount of spices up to you. I would also highly encourage throwing in whatever other ingredients you want.

Serves: 2

Ingredients:
-3 cups zucchini, cubed
-1 cup diced tomato
-1 small onion, diced
-3 large carrots, cut into rounds
-1 tsp. minced garlic (1 or 2 cloves)
-white wine vinegar
-chili powder
-dried or fresh dill
-Italian seasoning
-salt and pepper
-red pepper flake (optional)

Directions:

Combine everything in a large pot and bring to a boil. Drop the heat to low, cover, and simmer for at least an hour. Keep in mind that more time equals more flavor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment