Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Broccoli Gazpacho

Outside in the Midwest feels like an oven right now. This chilly gazpacho, made with home-grown tomatoes, really hit the spot! One of my best dishes yet, actually. I added jalapenos because I had them on hand and I like things spicy, but feel free to leave them out.

Serves: 2-3

Ingredients:
-1 lb. bag frozen broccoli
-1/5 - 2 cups tomatoes, quartered
-1 small onion, chopped
-1 tsp. minced garlic
-1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
-salt and pepper, to taste
-1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
-red pepper flake, to taste (optional)

Directions:

1) Empty the bag of frozen broccoli into a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat for about 3 minutes, or until thawed.

2) In a blender, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, vinegar, salt/pepper, jalapeno, and red pepper flake. Pulse until well mixed but still chunky.

3) Add half of the thawed broccoli. Pulse until the mixture is a soup-like, adding water if needed.

4) Stir the mixture together with the remaining broccoli. Serve chilled.

2 comments:

  1. Tom says "It's tomato soup served ice cold!" "HA HA HA Go Back to Russia" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he's said that to me, as well haha it's a simpson's thing...I'm a lot like Lisa I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete