Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cuban Hummus

Didn't quite know how this one would turn out, but it's nothing short of amazing :) Cuban-style black beans usually have roasted red peppers so I decided to incorporate the concept into a hummus, or bean dip. It's not your run of the mill garbonzo bean hummus but definitely yummy. I'm bringing it to my picnic lunch date tomorrow <3 Can't wait to try it with some bread and veggies.


Ingredients:
-1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
-1 small onion
-1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
-Juice of 1 lime
-2 roasted red peppers (homemade or jarred)

Directions:

Chop up the onion and roasted red peppers. Combine in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. If you would like to roast your own peppers at home like I did, read this article. I found it very helpful.  http://www.yumsugar.com/How-Roast-Red-Peppers-241907

No comments:

Post a Comment