Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Basic Sweet Potato Fries

Everyone should know a basic recipe for baked fries. This is what I usually do. If you are skeptical of baked fries, trust me, you won't miss the grease. Still hot and crispy :) And you can use russets if you want.


Serves 1

Ingredients:
-1 medium sweet potato
-2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
-dill, to taste
-salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray.

2) Cut the sweet potato into matchsticks, keeping them as even in size as possible. Toss in a large bowl with the vinegar, dill, and salt/pepper.

3) Bake for 40-45 minutes. Turn the potato wedges halway through.



*There would have been a picture, but my camera didn't register it for some reason...time for a nice, new nikon I suppose?

2 comments:

  1. I love Sweet Potato anything Jamie, this looks delicious! Would you be able to turn up the heat with some ground chipotle or cayenne seasonings as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. chipotle and cayenne would go great on them! I've also used curry powder and cinnamon

    ReplyDelete