Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Honey Vanilla Bars

The gorgeous fall weather has put me in another baking mood today. I found the Halloween sprinkles in my cabinet when I was digging around for the baking powder. You don't need to add anything to the top, but I think it looks fun and festive. I haven't tested these on kids yet, but there's alot of sweetness and whole grain - sounds perfect for a sensible afternoon snack!

Serves: 8-10


Ingredients:
-2. 5 cups old fashioned oats
-2 Tbsp. honey
-1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
-1. 5 cups non fat milk
-1 tsp. baking powder
-cinnamon, to taste
-pinch salt


Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9x9 square pan with wax paper (optional). Set aside

 2) In a large bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in the oats and honey.

3) Spread evenly in the pan. Top with sprinkles, nuts, or other toppings if desired. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

4) After allowing to cool, peel away the wax paper and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment