Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Easiest Flat Bread EVER

I've made this twice now and I don't think I'll try another yeast bread recipe for a while because this is far too easy...and delish. It's called Rieska. I got the original recipe from tablespoon.com, but in true Jamie fashion I healthified it.
 
 
Ingredients:
-2 cups flour
-1/2 cup oats
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-2 tsp. baking powder
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. oil
-8 oz. unsweetened applesauce
-1.5 cups skim milk + 2.5 Tbsp. white vinegar
 
 
Directions:
 
1) Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
 
2) In a measuring cup, mix together milk and vinegar (This is a substitute for buttermilk!). Set aside.
 
3) In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add oil and applesauce. Mix until flour is saturated. Add milk and vinegar mixture. Combine thoroughly.
 
4) Spread batter evenly in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
 
5) Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool on wire rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment